Senior DevOps Engineer
About The Position
- Work within a team of professionals and be a critical part of ControUp’s success
- Work closely with R&D, Security & IT teams to enhance ControlUp’s infrastructure.
- Deploy and operate a large scale platform.
- Research, develop and implement tools to support ControlUp’s monitoring infrastructure & automation.
- Be in charge of ControlUp’s production environment & system health (including on-call rotation)
- Be a part of the CI/CD processes development
- Troubleshoot complex problems from diving into the console during an issue to writing new monitors and automation
- Great opportunity to learn and develop cutting edge technologies and DevOps methodologies
- Must - 3+ years of experience as DevOps engineer
- Must - Hands-on experience in Linux
- Must - Experience with monitoring systems
- Must - Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Salt.
- Must - Broad programming and systems experience with an emphasis on Linux environment.
- Must - Hands-on experience with cloud computing systems (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Must - Strong experience with at least two scripting languages (Python / Ruby / Perl).
- Must - Strong experience in shell scripting (Bash, PowerShell).
- Excellent communication skills, team player.
- Attention to details but also ability to see the big picture
- Motivated self-learner.
- Ability to work independently and off standard hours when required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to non technical and technical audiences.
- Perfect English skills (both written and verbal).
Nice to Have
- Advantage - Experience with Jenkins.
- Advantage - VMWare tools (ESXs, Vcenters).
- Advantage - Hands on experience with Windows servers (IIS, Active directory)
- Advantage - Experience with Dockers.
- Advantage - Experience in any of the containers tools like K8 / OpenShift / Sworm.
- Advantage - Experience working in a very large scale operational environment.
Advantage - Experience with installing Hadoop / Kafka / Spark / Cassandra / Redis / Couchbase on a production system