DevOps Team Leader
About The Position
ControlUp is transforming how IT manages systems and troubleshoots issues. We are looking for DevOps Team Leader to join our team. The candidate will on the next generation of ControlUp Monitoring tool using the cutting edge of modern technologies.
- The candidate will start as a senior DevOps for 3 months prior to team management handover.
- Lead a team of 3-5 DevOps professionals.
- Work within a team of professionals and be a critical part of ControUp’s success
- Work closely with TechOps, R&D, Security & IT teams to enhance ControlUp’s infrastructure.
- Be a part of new components architecture design & reviews
- Provide technical guidance to the team
- Perform code reviews
- Assist teammates with their projects plan & tasks breakdown
- Research, develop and implement tools to support ControlUp’s monitoring infrastructure & automation.
- Be in charge of ControlUp’s production environment & system health (including on call rotation)
- Be a part of the CI/CD processes development
- Troubleshoot complex problems from diving into the console during an issue to writing new monitors and automations
- Must - 4+ years of experience as DevOps engineer
- Must - 1+ years of experience as a Devops team manager
- Must - 5+ years of Hands on experience in Linux
- Must - 3+ years of experience with monitoring systems
- Must - Strong experience with at least two scripting languages (Python / Ruby / Perl).
- Must - Good knowledge of SCRUM methodologies
- Must - Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Salt.
- Must - Broad programming and systems experience with an emphasis on Linux environment.
- Must - Hands on experience with cloud computing systems (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Must - Strong experience in shell scripting (Bash, PowerShell).
- Excellent communication skills, team player.
- Attention to details but also ability to see the big picture
- Motivated self-learner.
- Ability to work independently and off standard hours when required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to non technical and technical audiences.
- Perfect english skills (both written and verbal).
Nice to Have
- Advantage - Experience with Jenkins.
- Advantage - VMWare tools (ESXs, Vcenters).
- Advantage - Hands on experience with Windows servers (IIS, Active directory)
- Advantage - Experience with Dockers.
- Advantage - Experience in any of the containers tools like K8s / OpenShift / Sworm.
- Advantage - Experience working in a very large scale operational environment.
- Advantage - Experience with installing Hadoop / Kafka / Spark / Cassandra / Redis / Couchbase on a production system.