TechOps team leader
About The Position
ControlUp is transforming how IT manages systems and troubleshoots issues. We are looking for TechOps Team Leader to join our team. The candidate will on the next generation of ControlUp Monitoring tool using the cutting edge of modern technologies.
- Work within a team of professionals and be a critical part of ControUp’s success
- Work closely with DevOps, R&D, Security & IT teams to enhance ControlUp’s infrastructure.
- Manage a team of 1-2 TechOps engineers
- Deploy and operate a large scale platform.
- Be in charge of ControlUp’s production environment & system health (including on call rotation)
- Provide R&D internal support for deployments & infrastructure.
- Act as an escalation point for internal R&D support & NOC.
- Be a part of the CI/CD processes and deployments.
- Troubleshoot complex problems from diving into the console during an issue to writing new monitors and automations
- Great opportunity to learn cutting edge technologies and DevOps methodologies
- Must - 5-6 years of experience as an IT/ NOC engineer
- Must - 1-2 years of experience as an IT/NOC team leader
- Must - Experience with monitoring systems
- Must - Hands on experience with Windows servers (IIS, Active directory)
- Must - Hands on experience with linux servers.
- Excellent communication skills, team player.
- Attention to details but also ability to see the big picture
- Motivated self-learner.
- Ability to work independently and off standard hours when required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to non technical and technical audiences.
- Perfect english skills (both written and verbal).
Nice to Have
- Advantage - Hands on experience with linux servers.
- Advantage - Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Advantage - Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Salt.
- Advantage - Experience with Jenkins