Big Data Team Leader
About The Position
ControlUp is transforming how IT manages systems and troubleshoots issues. We are looking for Big Data Team Leader to join our team. The candidate will on the next generation of ControlUp Monitoring tool using the cutting edge of modern technologies. We are looking for individuals with vast experience in the JVM world and in Big Data Technologies such as Spark, ElasticSearch, and Kafka that can provide the technical leadership towards architecting a highly scalable, cost effective and highly performing platform.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, engineer and implement in Java/Scala data platforms
- Own and establish Engineering Frameworks for Big Data
- Being the proactive and technical point person for the data platform end to end.
- Lead by example coaching and mentoring those of your peers and
- mentoring less experienced team members.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years experience as team leader.
- At least 5 years of professional experience using Java with an
- established track record as a leading engineer including the use of
- multi-threading and concurrent programming.
- Deep knowledge of component systems architecture including distributed
- systems architecture and multiple programming languages supporting
- such architecture.
- Knowledge of various Big Data components and technologies
- including :
- Spark/Hadoop, ElasticSearch/Solr, Kafka,
- NoSQL databases, Visualization tools (i.e Tableau), distributed cache (i.e Redis, workflow tools (i.e Airflow, Apache Nifi, Amazon workflow)
- and low latency solutions (networking /disk / etc).