PreSales Engineer -Germany
About The Position
ControlUp Pre Sales Engineer - Germany
A successful and fast-growing venture-backed startup, which is reshaping IT Ops, is searching for a bright technical pre sales engineer to join our sales team in Germany
With over 1200 customers worldwide, ControlUp spearheads the Collective IT Analytics revolution.
By harnessing the power of big data to analyze operational IT data from global customers base we find patterns, detect problems, establish dynamic baselines and generate actionable targeted insights analytics – opening the door to smarter IT.We are looking for smart people with innovative ideas who want to do amazing things. We work fast, we work together and we believe that every member of our team stakes a claim in our success.
Our Ideal Candidate
Has a proven technical pre-sales engineer experience with a track record in high-performance sales organizations;
Has demonstrated the ability to assist and advance technical sales both remotely and on-site, and create a great rapport with technical stakeholders;
Has experience in start-up environments and a passion for sales.
The technical pre sales engineer will join the sales team and focus on closing sales transactions at a high percentage while maintaining a high volume of sales and increase ACV.
The pre sales engineer will work closely with the sales, support, CTO and product teams.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, career driven individual to join a high-growth earlier career stage company where your personal contribution has a larger impact on the company’s future success and growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
The technical Pre-sales engineer will be responsible for technical sales in Germany and Austria with clearly defined revenue and prospect interaction goals: Support sales productivity and the deals flow by securing the “technical closure” with the technical stakeholder within the prospect’s organization
· Conduct technical presentations and demos to prospects
· Manage technical relationships with prospects and ensure successful POCs
· Participate in Sales, Marketing and Partner events and conferences
· Provide training and technical updates for Partners
· Provide feedback to Product Management for customer feature requests
· Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
Desired Skills and Experience
· Experience in working in a Pre-Sales role or at an equivalent technical level
· Highly proficient with Virtualization and VDI technologies (VMware, Citrix, RDS, Windows)
· Bachelor’s degree and experience of working in software or a software-related industry
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Commercial awareness and a customer-centric approach to selling
· Experience with high growth, SaaS companies
· Experience working with SalesForce - an advantage
· Proven experience consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas
· Problem solving skills, flexible attitude, resourceful and effective in making decisions
· The position requires business trips
· German mother tongue , fluent English