ControlUp Pre Sales Engineer
About The Position
The ideal candidate should have a proven record in high-performance Sales organizations; he/she will partner with Account Executives to find, contact, and follow-up with prospective clients clearly articulating ControlUp's technical concepts and capacities, mapping them back to business critical values.
He/She has demonstrated the ability to assist and advance technical sales opportunities, both remotely and on-site, creating a strong relationship with technical and business stakeholders;
has experience in start-up environments and a passion for Sales.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the Sales, Support, CTO and product teams.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, career driven individual to join a fast-growing company where he/she personal contribution will have a significant impact on the company’s future success.
Duties & Responsibilities
The technical Pre-Sales engineer will be responsible for technical sales with clearly defined revenue and prospect interaction goals:
· Clearly articulate technical capabilities and give technical demonstrations
· Partner with the sales team to generate leads
· Find and maintain prospective clients
· Provide general technical support to clients
· Support the sales productivity life-cycle by securing the “technical closure” with the technical stakeholder within the prospect’s organization
· Manage technical relationships with prospects and ensure successful POCs
· Participate in Sales, Marketing and Partner events and conferences
· Provide training and technical updates for Partners
· Provide feedback to Product Management from the field (Feature Requests, Bugs, Use-Cases...)
· Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
· Ability to discuss highly technical concepts with prospective leads
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
· Experience in working in a Pre-Sales role or at an equivalent technical level
· Highly proficient with Virtualization and VDI technologies (VMware, Citrix, RDS, Windows)
· Bachelor’s degree and experience of working in software or a software-related industry
· Commercial awareness and a customer-centric approach to selling
· Experience with high growth, SaaS companies
· Experience working with SalesForce - an advantage
· Proven experience of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas
· Multilingual is an advantage
· Problem solving skills, flexible attitude, resourceful and effective in making decisions
· The position requires travel