About the position: As a Product Manager, you will join a team of product managers and be responsible for managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
You’ll be responsible for nurturing and growing our User Monitoring product offering. Your job is to collaborate with customers, engineers, designers, marketing and sales to discover useful, usable, and feasible capabilities that increase the value of your product. You’ll develop empathy for your customers, so you can translate those opportunities into well-defined problems for your partners in engineering to tackle. As the champion for your product you are the voice of the customer across the organization.
To be successful at this job, you need to be passionate about making a high-quality product for our target audience, who are primarily systems administrators. That’s why technical background in IT is a great advantage, especially in one or more of the following areas:
- IT monitoring systems
- Virtualization platforms (VMware, Citrix, Nutanix, etc.) and/or cloud computing (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- VDI and server-based computing (Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop, Horizon View)
- Linux, Serverless, Docker, micro-services architecture understanding
- Windows systems administration (Active Directory, supporting windows desktop and server OSs, Terminal Services / Remote Desktop Services), troubleshooting in those systems
We’ll prefer you if you can show us some of the following as well:
- Working knowledge of user experience or design thinking
- Experience with active listening or ethnographic interviewing techniques
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to use APIs to collect data for analysis
- Influent the Product Roadmap, working with engineering team
- Work closely with Executives, Marketing, Sales, Design, and Support teams to ensure the success of ControlUp Products.
- Engage with our largest and most complex partners and customers to identify new market opportunities and extract valuable product feedback
- Write technical product specifications and discuss technical tradeoffs with engineering
- Understand the Datacenter monitoring, troubleshooting and remediation market, competition and business to determine the right product functionality to build based on customer needs, technological shifts, and revenue generation
- Grow to deeply understand our users (IT Admin, ops engineers); design solutions they find intuitive and delightful
- You have a proven track record as a Product Manager, ideally for IT Application product.
- You have bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Customer-minded with a high-quality standard for the product to be delivered