Real-time Monitoring & Alerts
END-USER EXPERIENCE MONITORING
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN I TRY IT BEFORE I BUY?
Sure you can.
After registration, you will get immediate access to all ControlUp features for 21 days. During your trial period there are no limitations on the number of sessions you can monitor. As your trial period expiration approaches, ControlUp will automatically notify you and recommend the right package. You can extend your ControlUp trial by recommending ControlUp to admins in other organizations. For every admin* who registers with ControlUp as the result of your recommendation, we will extend your free trial by 10 days (50 days max).
*Qualifying referred administrator has to be the first administrator in an organization who did not open ControlUp in the past
How will you bill me?
We offer annual and multi annual billing, we accept credit card payments as well as purchase orders. Our plans have the option of paper invoicing. Contact us for details.
What if I want to cancel?
You can cancel your account at any time before your next billing period. You won’t be charged for the next period of service.
How can I find out how many licensed objects I currently have?
You can view your current license usage in the licensing window within ControlUp. Click the “About” button on the Help ribbon and then click the “Licensing” button.
How is the number of licensed objects calculated?
ControlUp can monitor and manage a wide variety of resources/objects in the virtual and/or physical datacenters.
ControlUp continuously counts the total number of objects that are currently being monitored, and requires a number of licenses that adequately cover the size of the environment.
- Agent based Managed VMs/Computers – These are VMs and/or computers in which a ControlUp agent is running.
- XenApp/TS/RDSH Servers – The number of peak concurrent sessions that are running on the XenApp/TS/RDSH servers.
- Workstations / VDI – 1 license per windows workstation, virtual or physical (whether there is a user session or not on that VM/Computer).
- Other Windows Servers – 1 license per windows server OS, virtual or physical.
- Agentless Managed VMs/cloud instances – These are VMs and/or cloud instances that are monitored via the hypervisor API and/or XenDesktop Broker API and/or cloud connection API with no ControlUp agent running on that VM / Cloud instance.
- Agentless Managed VM (Windows or Linux) – 1 license per powered on agentless managed VM.
- Cloud Instances (Windows or Linux) – 1 license per running cloud instance.
- Netscaler Appliances – 1 device license per managed appliance (Note that Netscaler appliances licenses are separate from the agent based managed VMs and the agentless managed VMs)
For example, if you are monitoring a XenApp farm on which 800 user sessions are currently running and in addition you monitor 300 VDI workstations and 400 VMs as well as 5 Netscaler appliances you will need a total license of 1500 licensed objects (800 + 300 + 400) plus 5 Netscaler appliances licenses.